Friday, February 08, 2008

Thing-a-day update...

Feb. 6
One of the great this about living in Southern Louisiana is, of course, Mardi Gras. We went to quite a few parades and I couldn’t wait to craft with the ton of beads we got.

I decided to make a bowl. I had planned on making a few melted bowls but quickly changed my mind. I swear this bowl nearly killed me. I knew it would stink but holy cannoli!!!

This started out being iridescent/clear, pink and white… I promise! They took forever to melt, the fumes became unbearable and after 30minutes or so I had to call it done. I draped it over a bowl… I think I should have used a cup for more shape, and let cool. Then some of the foil stuck to the bowl. Sigh

Oh, well. Not every Thing turns out the way we hope.
yuck1 yuck2


Feb 7
A blown "Dragon" Egg
egg

0 comments: